- Off-Leash Dog Park/Bark Park
- Soccer Fields
- 8 lighted Softball & Baseball Fields
- Concession/Restroom Building
- Playground Equipment
- Basketball Courts
- 3 Pavilions
- Picnic Tables
- 104.0 Acres
- Hours : Dawn to Dusk
- All pets must be on a leash and pet waste must be picked up.
- No pets in playgrounds or on sports fields or concert/event areas
- No smoking in playgrounds or on sports fields or concert/event areas
- No drugs
- No profanity
- Alcoholic beverages prohibited (except as provided by Ordinance 4-2012-13)
- No motorized objects except mobility devices on walkways and paths
- No firearms (except as provided by Resolution 37-2010-11)
- Parking in designated areas only
- No smoking within 25 feet of entrances to buildings (State law)
- No camping or open fires (except with Parks Department Approval)
- No sleeping on park benches, picnic tables, sidewalks, walking/running/biking trails or paths or inside buildings or other structures within the park.
- No metal or artifact detecting
- No disturbance of plants or wildlife
Dog Park Rules
- Park users must immediately clean up and properly dispose of any waste left by their own dog(s).
- Unaltered dogs, puppies under the age of four months, dogs with contagious diseases or aggressive dogs are not allowed in the Bark Park.
- Park users must be inside the Dog Park, within view of their dogs and have access to a leash at all times.
- Dogs must be under voice control.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources
- The minimum age for human users is 18 years of age.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 17 may enter with a parent or guardian.
- Children less than 5 years old are not permitted in the fenced area for their safety.
- No more than two dogs per person in the off-leash area at one time
- Dog shows or training classes by reservation only
- NO grooming, smoking, food or drinks other than water, glass containers or animals other than dogs are allowed in the off leash area.
- The park can be closed at any time by Parks and Recreation for maintenance.
- All other general park rules and city ordinances must be obeyed.
- Violation of rules may result in loss of privileges for use of the dog park.
My family and I Always have a wonderful time when we visit Heritage Park. The play area is great for my three kids who enjoy climbing the rope structure. This park is so wonderful because we can use it year round. They have something awesome to do for every season. Especially Summer time, they offer the splash pad, which is a BIG hit with my kids, and it's FREE! Summer to Fall, they have the Soccer teams playing in the fields, and they offer a sectioned dog park as well, one side for big dog and the other for small dogs.
Not bad very fun during the summer in Spring awesome little place for kids and cool for people who like to skateboard or bike
I've been bringing my dog to the Bark Park here for several months now, almost daily, weather allowing. The entrance/location of the dog park isn't marked in a way that can be seen from the main drive---turn right into the parking lot on the right past the skate park, and it's at the end of that lot. There are three fenced areas: one for larger (30+ lbs) dogs and two marked for dog under 30 lbs---but regular park users know that the smaller of these two is used as a "time-out" areas for dogs who aren't getting along with others. With as much as I love having this park available, I can't give it five stars for two reasons: 1) poor signage (sign on the main drive, more signs in the fenced area reminding people to clean up their dogs' messes along with visual no smoking signs are needed) and 2) lack of lighting---now that it's autumn and getting dark at 5:30 or earlier, for the safety of humans and dogs, the park needs its own lighting, since the lights at the distant ball fields aren't always on, and even when they are, they're too far away to really do much good.
It has really improved a lot in the last few years! Great dog park for different sizes of dogs and lots of room for sports!
this is a nice place to visit. nice running trail that is pet friendly play grounds for the kids and in the summer they have a spray fountain to play in.